FitKids360 graduates can keep moving by participating in On the Move.
Why should I participate?
The goal of On the Move is to help families make physical activity a part of their daily lives and achieve a specific goal—finishing a 5K! For most, this is their first 5K race experience and for many, it is a life-changing experience that involves the entire family.
What if I can’t run?
For some, running is not an option. If you cannot run, you can walk! On the Move includes cardio-based activities that do not require running, yet help you increase your stamina so that you can complete the 5K. Many participants find that they are able to complete the race by combining running and walking.
Who can participate in On the Move?
- FitKids360 graduates and their families
- Anyone that has been referred to the FitKids360 class and their families
What happens at each class?
- Various cardio activities such as Zumba, kickboxing, and relays
- Goal setting
- A weekly raffle prize
How long is the program?
- 10 weeks
When/where does the program meet?
- It meets one night a week at the Kroc Center:
2500 S. Division, Grand Rapids, MI
- Check the full list of FitKids360 sites to inquire about other locations
What do participants receive?
- Free On the Move T-shirt
- Free water bottle
- Free race entry
- Medal upon completion of the race
- Weekly exercise plan to help prepare for the race