- Assisting uninsured individuals in finding dental care can be challenging. Click HERE to see a list of resources available for the uninsured in Kent County. Last updated: 4/17/17
- Kent County early childhood providers, including: Head Start, Great Start Collaborative and Community Health Centers, were trained in BRUSH! Curriculum which focuses on early childhood dental care.
- Learn about two dental practices in West Michigan that are dedicated to making trips to the dentist office more kid friendly and make dentist visits fun.
- Providers can access Michigan's Dental Registry online through the Michigan Caries Prevention Program.
- Delta Dental Michigan maintains a YouTube channel with videos on topics ranging from understanding your benefits to videos geared toward children to teach them the importance of good oral health habits.
- Our local policymakers are pivotal in bring about change in our communities.The Michigan Oral Health Coalition has created a Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit offering tips and strategies to reaching out to key policymakers.
- Participation with our growing regional network of oral health has been a strength of the KCOHC. Our recent profile as Reinventing Oral Health 2015 grantee sponsored by Michigan Oral Health Coalition highlights network of oral health professionals and efforts across the region. Read the Community Mini-Grantee Profile here.
- DentaQuest Foundation connects the network of national, state and community-based change agents through Oral Health 2020 and other programs/ partnerships.
- KCOHC is a grant recipient from DentaQuest to continue the work behind the Grassroots Engagement Initiative to address oral health inequity.
- Oral Health Nursing Education and Practice (OHNEP) is a national voice promoting intraprofessional oral health, OHNEP advocates, educates, creates and promotes resources that primary care clinicians can use to improve the quality of oral health care in their patients. The OHNEP website serves as a knowledge center and portal for best practices.